So, as a way to end this great and terrible first year of college I am taking a moment to let out all of my anger about how terrible it has been.
1. My roommate was an avid anime watcher with a boyfriend in New Zealand, who is clearly catfishing her. This roommate did not shower more than once a week, stayed up all night on her laptop and slept all day, smelled bad, and found every possible way to accuse me of terrible things just so happened to happen to her this year.
2. Said roommate accused me of killing all of her fish.
3. I did a shit-ton of work throughout the year for hall council and was never thanked once.
4. After doing shit-ton of work I didn’t earn a position on e-board next year for hall council.
5. I was more qualified than half of the people that received deskie positions fot the hall I currently live in.
6. My roommate that was never involved in anything and her boyfriend that transferred here this semester both received e-board and deskie positions.
7. I was never just visited by my parents or sisters once this year. Only to bring stuff up or take me home.
8. I have only slept in my own bed approximately 50 times this year because of my roommate.
Nevertheless, this year has also been filled with many amazing moments that have truly brought my freshman year back together and me fall in love with Central Michigan University. I was blessed to have found amazing friends through my suitemates and quite a few floormates and even more through Scottie’s hall. Being involved in National Residence Hall Honorary has not only shown me that I am appreciated but also that I am a much greater leader than many have thought me to be. And finally, I got to explore who I am and where I want to go with my life because to this experience and I am more than thankful to say that this year no matter how brutal it may have seemed has taught me a lot.
So here’s to a new beginning next year and the adventures of being a sophomore in college!